Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Boogers.

This morning I saw my fifth doctor in as many weeks. Today it was for the girls. Yesterday it was for me. Welcome to day care, I guess. I have pink eye (awesome) and a cough so persistent my ribs ache. Julie has her third ear infection of 2012. Anna has diarrhea and the resulting diaper rash requires wound care. Their noses are constantly running, and despite my best efforts, the snot ends up everywhere. What can I say? It’s good times, all around.

Last week I was home with the girls on Friday, and Roger and I had planned to take them out for an early dinner as soon as he got home. He walked into the kitchen and started playing with the girls, and I ran up the stairs saying, “We’re ready; I just need to grab a booger-free fleece.” I grabbed a fleece off a hook in my closet and slipped it on as I came back down. “Look at me, girls! I’m all dressed up in my booger-free fleece!”

Roger looked up and laughed. “What?” I said defensively. He just shook his head and pointed at my shoulder. “Try again, Babe.”

I hung my head in shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment