Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bragging

So, I don't mean to brag, but seriously...she's pretty much perfect, huh?

And her parents are pretty perfect too...And while I promise not to turn this into a wanna-be "Mommy Blog" (especially seeing as I'm not a mommy), I have to take this opportunity to tell you that my niece is the Coolest Baby Ever. Not only is she adorable (as proven by the photos), but the kid already has a sense of humor. Say what you will about her funny faces being the result of gas, but she's constantly cracking me up. Just look at how unimpressed she was with this crazy bow on her sweet head! Poor Avery...
And she can sleep through anything! In fact, she seems to be most content when there's loud music playing and lots of movement. Not that I'm surprised, Avery probably attended more rock concerts in utero than I have in my whole life. (Her parents are cool like that!) Check out this picture of my 3 week old niece hanging out in a trendy neighborhood music store.Yep, she's a pretty cool baby. But don't worry, we won't let Avery be too cool. See, while her parents are teaching her about all things interesting and artsy, her aunt will be teaching her about all things cheesy and embarassing. I'll be the one to make sure she's exposed to all three High School Musicals and Miley Cyrus and Annie and American Idol. Yes, I think between her hip parents and her dorky aunt and uncle (sorry Baby, you know it's true!), I think Miss Avery Jayne will be just fine.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ribbon, if Dave & I were only half as cool as we are in your head!! :) I do agree with you about her being pretty perfect!! She misses you guys already though, so you better come back ASAP!! Love you!!
    -D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post...this is great! And the pics are great too! Avery certainly seems like the perfect baby!! SO happy for you Aunt Robyn :-) Now, I can't wait for my little niece to arrive...4 months now! Seems like forever, but I know time will fly by! Can't wait to see more pics of Avery Jayne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written, as always...these are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them so publicly. I can't wait to meet Avery, and for Avery and Malia to meet!

    It's an amazing time, and it flies by so quickly. Now Malia is sitting at her table, with her teacup in hand, saying "Mmm...Delicious!"

    You are a fantastic Aunt, and Avery is fortunate to have you.

    ReplyDelete