Sunday, March 1, 2009

Avery Jayne






"Avery Jayne was born Tuesday, February 24th at 4:06 AM. 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. She was delivered after 22 hours of labor to the strains of Yo La Tengo's You Can Have It All."






That was the text message I received early Tuesday morning from my brother-in-law...the poor guy spent most of those 22 hours of labor comforting his rockstar wife with one hand and texting his annoying sister-in-law with the other.

And while I could be totally annoying and spend the next thousand words telling you how brave and amazing my sister was and gushing about my perfect niece, I won't. I'll just let you admire the photo and see for yourself that Avery Jayne is the most beautiful baby ever. Obviously.

Sadly, I still have to wait two weeks to officially introduce myself and hold her in my arms, but I'm coming, Avery! Just you wait...

3 comments:

  1. Ribbon - your posts about Avery Jayne are beutiful, just as she is. I am amazed at how deeply I love her after only 6 days of life. We had her first Dr. visit today & so far so good. I've been wrapping her up in this brown blanket that Danielle gave us & calling her my little coffee bean. She is simply adorable & I can't wait for you to meet her, and for her to meet her cool aunt Robyn! Love you so much! -D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Congrats to you and her proud parents! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO gorgeous and I am so happy for Darby and Dave! Please post more pics after your visit! You have the sweetest posts about her...it makes me tear up when I read them...and reading Darby's comment above about how much she loves her littlge girl, is just oh so touching! Congrats again to your family on Avery Jayne, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete