Sunday, January 25, 2009

Trivial Pursuit: The Robyn Edition

Because clearly, there is no end to my narcissism.

1. Sometimes I scream in the car.
2. I don't have a high school diploma (but I do have a college degree.)
3. My parents lived in Johannesburg for two years and my sister was born there. Me living there too was a bizarre coincidence.
4. Nothing makes me giggle like reruns of Friends and the movie Multiplicity.
5. The first time I went to Edinburgh, my friends and I stayed with a nice man we'd met at a pub in Haworth, England. I still get a Christmas card every year from him and his family.
6. I've read Gone With the Wind more times than I can count.
7. But that's a tiny number compared to the number of times I've watched the movie Grease in its entirety.
8. I married Roger at the Louisville courthouse on a Wednesday afternoon in March of 2002. I wore jeans and a blue sweatshirt, and afterwards, we ate at Arby's.
9. We didn't work up the nerve to tell our parents until April 1st.
10. I love the word "ampersand" for no reason that I can articulate. Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding opportunities to use it in a sentence.
11. I believe milk-shakes are liquid serotonin.
12. I once wrote a song about the Braves to the tune of Johnny B. Good and sang it in the school talent show. It was cute, but definitely not cool. And at thirteen, you should be going for cool over cute.
13. I've been skinny-dipping with my in-laws, and the scary thing is - that's not the only time I've seen them naked.
14. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a farmer when I grew up.
15. My favorite color is red. Or blue. No, red. Blue!
16. I have a hard time making decisions.
17. I smoked my first cigarette in the front seat of a Mustang while my BFF pumped gas. (I am no longer a smoker...apparently, it can kill you. Even if you're not at a gas pump.)
18. In the fourth grade, I went to Space Camp but was too little to ride on the twirly machine. You know the one I mean.
19. My dad died when I was eighteen. But I'm okay. (I always feel the need to break the news gently whenever I'm sharing this bit of my history.)
20. I played a molested child in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries when I was ten.
21. I've been cage diving with Great White Sharks. And I'd do it again.
22. I have a bizarre fantasy about opening up a bakery. And I don't even know how to bake.
23. I worked as a scab in a peanut-butter factory, and even after a month of double-shifts, I still love peanut-butter...
24. ...So much that I often ask Roger to hide the peanut-butter jar so I won't eat it by the spoonful when there is no one else in the house.
25. When I don't feel like writing, I like to make lists, which is why it was great to be tagged in the "25 Random Things About Me" note on facebook today. The downside is, the note involves tagging 25 other people and I just can't put that kind of pressure on 25 of my friends and loved ones. But if you are a fellow blogger with blogger's-block, consider yourself tagged. And if you're reading this on facebook and would like to participate - you're tagged too. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. A few comments from someone who knew most, if not all, of these little bits of trivia about you:
    1. Is that because you are afraid you are about to hit something??
    4. I like pizza…I like it!
    7. What about the number of times you danced on the coffee table & pretended your were Sandy while watching Grease?
    12. Hey – as a result of that performance someone gave you free tickets to one of the playoff games didn’t they? That is pretty cool.
    14. But clearly that was never going to happen seeing as your freckles never really came in!!
    18. I rode the twirly machine…it’s overrated.
    21. Me too!!
    22. I thought you wanted to open a book store & keep multiple pencils stuck in your hair & behind your ear, & have books pouring out of every crevice including the microwave & refrigerator (like that store near Murphy’s)?
    24. Is it wrong to do that?!?!?!

    Love you!! - D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robyn!! I'm so excited that you are going to join our flip cup team . . . and play kickball too!!! Shoot me an e-mail so that I can get you all the details! - Amanda

    ReplyDelete