Saturday, January 10, 2009

The beginning?

This is ridiculous. I’ve been thinking and stressing and beating myself up over how and what to write and the truth is, I’m just kinda stuck. I think for some reason – maybe because I’m basically starting a whole new blog – I’m putting all this pressure on myself to make the first post great. But then I remember – the old blog wasn’t really all that great anyway, so why should I have such high expectations for the new one? Okay, now I’m just being self-deprecating. I do that when I’m nervous, and I guess that’s just it; I am nervous. I’m nervous to start something new. I’m not the kind of person to start something and then not finish it. So if I make this commitment to keep blogging and then find myself “too busy” to follow through, or worse, I find that my new life is simply too boring to document in this forum, well, I think I’ll have a hard time accepting that fact.

I know. Am I setting myself up for failure or what? But while I don’t want to be the kind of person to start something and not finish it, I really don’t want to be the kind of person who doesn’t start something for fear of not finishing it. So this is it. The beginning. The beginning of my new life back in Atlanta. The beginning of my new blog. And things in this new life of mine are looking pretty good so far. I mean, I don’t want to jinx anything just yet…so that’s all I’m gonna say for now…but things are definitely looking up.

1 comment:

  1. I totally followed you Robyn! You have interesting posts and they are catchy...I love it...reading blogs is the best...you can escape from your life and read about someone else's. Plus, I followed you through Africa, so why wouldn't I follow you here?!? Roger was WRONG...I will make sure to let him know that today at work...:-)

    ReplyDelete