Sunday, February 8, 2009

Crazy

I'm sure you've noticed by now that my quirky neuroses walks a pretty fine line with straight-up crazy. Having meltdowns in the grocery store over which oatmeal to buy. Screaming in the car. Putting novels in the washing machine. Hiding peanut-butter from myself. Obsessing over everything from how much to tip the Starbucks guy to whether or not the girl in the cafeteria at work is judging my eating habits. These are not the actions of a normal person.

You know what else isn't completely normal? The voices. In my head. Actually, it's mostly just the one - and it sounds a lot like me, and occasionally, Sarah Jessica Parker. I wonder if this is a problem for all writers - or bloggers anyway. You start to go through your day with a narrator in your head. Commenting on every moment, every interaction, and interpreting it the way you would in your blog. Moments that might normally pass by unnoticed are constantly evaluated for their blog worthiness, for their capacity to make you - the audience - laugh or think or cry. You'd be surprised at how many blog worthy moments there are in a single day. I don't even have to leave the apartment to find them. My impossibly charming husband provides me with material on a daily basis.

The problem is finding the time to transcribe these moments from the narrator in my head to the computer on my lap. Time. I'm not sure where it goes anymore! Dare I say it? For the first time in a long time, I think I'm "busy."

Part of the reason I'm busy is because I signed up last week to run a half-marathon with Team in Training, a group supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's mission to end blood cancer. (I know; a half marathon? But we've already established that I'm crazy.)

So it's not that I didn't write anything this week. Because I did. And right now I'm going to invite you to go here to read it. Please take a moment to visit my fundraising page and find out why Team in Training's mission is so close to my heart.

Robyn's Team in Training Fundraising Page

Thanks for your support, and don't worry, plenty more to come from the voices in my head next week.

(Oh, and congrats to Steph and Cathleen for loving the movie Pretty Woman as much as me.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. I will be visiting your TNT page and hope you raise all the money you need and then some! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete